View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #70
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
I've found reading all of this interesting but I sure hope some n00b doesn't stumble across this because they will be thoroughly confused.

All this info is interesting to me but it seems like you're down to details that are chasing after those last tenths.

The hard part is that bad setups can still often be driven very quickly in the right hands so it's easy for someone to come in and say hey I have some of the fastest lap times at track X and this is what I run. Maybe they are just a better driver who could be even faster on a proper setup.

It is quite interesting to me to see that rates are all over the place. I was just chatting with someone I following in Europe who recently upgraded his KW Clubsports to the same rate front and rear. Maybe it's a bandaid to a poor setup, maybe not.

I'd really love to know what rates the Team Schirmer cars run. It's hard to argue their success.
Definitely. Kind of the converse too. Lots of people complain about the OE suspension. It's not that bad. I came to the conclusion they just don't have confidence in it and like a car that doesn't pitch/roll as much to provide them that confidence.
KW CS changed to 110/120 N/mm rates out of the box. He is probably just running it off-the-shelf.
Schirmer run Nitrons, maybe ask them Nitron about it. Or ask them indirectly, what's the rates / valving for a stripped e92 ringtool?