View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #69
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFODI View Post
Aren't they also running some custom suspension geometry, or do I have them confused with someone else?
yeah when I saw that name I looked them up and they run all custom suspension pickup points to induce rear-steer. Something I believe the E92 M3 spindles and sub-frame pickup points do over the stock 135i/335i spindles to some degree but is likely still heavily oriented around being a street car. Once lowered you mess all that up and it needs to be corrected for. A car that is set up to TOE-OUT during its first 1" of travel for better turn-in can easily turn into less desirable toe-in.

That's where suspension modeling comes into play to get the suspension curve back in-line with what might be more ideal for a race-car.

This is kind of what FSAE suspension design is largely oriented around. Lots of good information there on how they get judged based on the curve that the inner and outer wheel follows throughout the cars range of motion. Put the pickup point in the wrong place and the wheel might do something undesirable in roll.

Last edited by bbnks2; 03-06-2020 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00