View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

New to the forum - could use some advice

I just bought an e90 m3 with low miles and loving the car so far. It has the stock 18" wheels and I'm looking to upgrade - specifically with the Apex ARC8 group buy. I've talked to Apex and they've been a big help, but I was hoping to get some feedback from the forum, after having searched through a bunch of threads this past week.

I have the stock suspension (w/EDC) and I have no plans for modification. I am looking at getting 18x9.5fET22/18x10ET25 vs 10.5ET27 inch for the rear. For at least the next several months, I will need to run stock tires on the wheels (245/40/18x265/40/18). I ultimately plan to run 265f/285r tires.

So my questions:

I absolutely don't want to deal with any rubbing issues. With these wheels (including both sizes of rear wheel) and the eventual upgrade in tire size, should I have any concern about this?

Has anyone run stock tire sizes on these size wheels? I know that it's the upper limit of allowed sizes, so technically there shouldn't be an issue. Just concerned about aesthetics. Obviously larger tires will look better, but I haven't seen pics of how the stock tires would like with the stretch.

I know these are noob questions, so sorry about that. Appreciate any advice.
Appreciate 0