Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
A replacement twinscrew blower cost me about $2k. I believe a centri blower is a couple of hundred. Looks like both kits use a custom intake manifold so I would guess wildly that most of the cost difference is hardware related.

But eaton/roots type blowers can also last a real long time.
No doubt that the cost of production on this kit is higher than the others - not to mention the electronic bypass system and hardware controller as well.

Each supercharger is dynoed by Harrop on a supercharger dyno, and has a factory fill of oil with recommended service intervals of 100,000 miles.

The manifold on this kit is a fantastic piece, have a look at some of these cutouts from SEMA this year:

http://www.bpmsport.com/blog/labs/20...kit-sema-2014/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
is this alot higher compared to a centri or turbo setup??
Fortunately not much higher. The IC setup is very efficient and also does not block the factory oil cooler. The other kits on the market do block air to the factory oil cooler, causing an increase in oil temperatures that this kit will not see due to lack of airflow. The front mount heat exchanger on this kit mounts directly above the factory oil cooler, and even with a close inspection you can not tell that anything is different than stock.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0