Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92BMW///M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
I think if you want something that could be trusted on a track car
Thanks, interested what you mean by trusted? As in the data quality is poor? Concerns over it getting tossed off the car?

I'm certainly far from a track car and really just curious as to peak temperatures/pressures. Certainly not looking to spend a ton of $ given my use case.

I put PS4S on my fronts (from PS2) so it was the first time having PS4S all around and I dropped over a second on a 47s lap on Lime Rocks AutoX course, so I was pretty excited given my level of experience. Next session after ~4 laps the tires got really slippery and I struggled to get into the 47s the rest Of the day. By the time I got into the pit (which is really just the staging for going out, so not necessarily anywhere consistent ), walked over to my gear, brought my gauge back to the car and measured temps it was probably 7 mins since I came off the track so not sure exactly what the peak PSI was. also curious as to the temperature that caused this since it made the rest of the day pretty lousy since I don't think the tires every really cooled down fully. If these aren't the answer (seems the case as I assumed), I'll just remember to keep my pressure gauge in the car or figure out where to keep my stuff that is easier to get to quickly.
These won't record temps or psi, so unless your eyes are focused on the little display you're not going to be able to go back and see peak anything.

Im not sure if they can handle track temps? They were made for trailer tires that see 95-100 degree temps at highway speeds.

If you want to give them a shot, I don't think they'll do any harm.
Trailbrake.com has TPMS system that connects via CAN to AIM. It's $250 and works great. You'll need a dash or something more substantial than a SOLO tho to capture data or display.
Could never get mine to work. Where did you mount the receiver?
Mounted it where radio unit used to be. The CAN signals were labeled incorrectly, and once I reversed Hi/Low it worked. Needed a second CAN input harness for the dash as the primary is used by the car.
Trailbrake TPMS has been working great for me as well. I have a screen programed for the 4 corners and I can switch to it to see PSI in real time (sample is 1Hz)

I can do the same for temp, but i did not want too many screens to flip through.
Appreciate 0