View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #237
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 2000 328i

Who Thinks Mooseman Should Shut The F**k Up?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Except that if you sell a car on Barrett-Jackson there are signed copies of legally binding contracts. I can't say for 100% sure, but I fairly certain that clicking "accept" on a web page has been less than a solid form of making a legal declaration, hence the need for actual signed contracts even today.

It is no different if a buyer clicks "Buy It Now" then backs out. The only recourse is with eBay, not legal. But, it doesn't detract from the issue that it was very likely an honest mistake, and now everyone wants to crucify the poor bastards.
ok moosef**k.... i just read that you're from Tennessee so maybe that should explain a lot. we are in the 21st century so wake up! virtually everything is done online these days, online banking, online shopping, online get-your-ass-wiped.... EVERYTHING!! A signature was originally required to ensure that Mr. B was actually Mr. B. But if you turn your little pea sized brain on for one second you'll realize that having someone's personal information is a lot more secure than having a signature. Thats how ALL online shopping and banking outfits run today. Welcome to 2008. It makes VERY CLEAR that when you commit to buying something on ebay that you enter into a legal binding contract between you and the seller or buyer, whichever the case may be. And the nice thing about technology is that you can TRACE everything so it is MORE SECURE than a signature. I really would like to smash this into your head because I'm not sure you really get anything that anybody on this forum is saying.

And you say it was a "mistake" and you should let him off cause he was a nice guy and called you. Well thats very sweet, but get into reality. Have you ever had to take responsibility for your actions? You don't appear to have, otherwise you would know that if you screw up you have to take responsibility for your actions. Also, the dealer can't play the thing that "we didn't know" or anything like that. They changed the buy it now TWICE. It is the company's fault for this, not an individuals. If they assigned a new salesman to put it up on ebay, a site where he didn't have any knowledge of, how should he have to pay? IT IS THE DEALER'S RESPONSIBILITY!!!!! Please educate yourself in the real world and sign up for Intro to the 21st Century. I believe they only offer it in Tennessee.....
Appreciate 0