Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
Greetings,

I have three lightning questions;

Ok this is likely a dumb question but I've noticed that I almost never get flashed with dual Bi-Xenon (Lo and Hi) lights on. Is there some kind of auto dimming feature or motor driven feature to move lights slightly away from oncoming traffic by means of an opto sensor of sorts ?

I've seen where it's possible to code into the DME and ask that the halo lights are driven to near 100% or full bright - I think those are incandescent type and would that produce much higher heat ?

Do the aftermarket LED halo replacements last long ? I've heard of mixed reviews about them lasting for a few years vs. OEM (standard incandescent) lasting 6++ years, is this true ?

Thank you,
Merlin

Auto high-beams were an option on the car. Check your build sheet and see if you have them.

I would not run the halos brighter; as you said, you risk damaging the housings or wiring. Have you ever priced out replacements? Pretty expensive. It would also look pretty obnoxious.

The LED aftermarket halos seem to be hit or miss. I see a lot of people complaining on here about how they flicker or go out. Even though they're warrantied, that's a real hassle to keep replacing them all the time. For what it's worth, my OEM halos were 6 years old when I sold the car and still on the original bulbs. They're not running with much power so they'll last for a long time.