View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #77
tooloud10
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
BMW doesn’t. I was denied warranty because they found videos of my car at hpde’s. The ONLY reason I was able to fight and win was because I bought like 6 new bmw’s in the past 8 years (at the time it happened) and had just bought a 7th when my m3 motor failed. Bmw just wants to maximize profits like most of the other car companies. They don’t care about your passion for Motorsports or bmws. If you have a good history of buying new bmws, they might help you in the end. You need to be a valuable customer. That’s all they care about.

Porsche is the only company I know of that truly warranties tracked cars without issues.
Just anecdotal but my experience suggests the opposite--BMW replaced a failed engine in my wife's out of warranty X3 but Porsche all but laughed in my face about replacing a failed engine in my barely out of warranty 911 before handing me a bill.

Not track related, but I actually trust BMW way more than Porsche. I didn't buy either car new or even from the dealers that replaced the engines.