View Single Post
      11-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #79
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
When I started looking into what the package had, it made it nearly implausible someone could do the switch.

As for local vs. regional vs. national events, I've always felt there is a bit a slippery slope when it comes to class compliance. When a competitor runs with illegal mods or we'll say in this case a car which not "completely legal" it puts me and his/her other competitors in the position of being the bad guy for pointing it out when they could have optioned out the right car.
Yeah, exactly. Anyone running ZCP width wheels and springs can quickly be identified by VIN whether the car was built with the ZCP option using something like BMW Archive.org site unlike the old days on many cars when it was tough to find details quickly. If their car wasn't built with ZCP, the automatic assumption is that it's not legal unless they can prove otherwise. I don't know why this should be such an issue with anyone. If someone wants the rules changed, it should be taken to the SEB, or they should choose not to participate since they put *many* of their fellow competitors in a bind. Locally, I know there are many people who focus on PAX and would be very upset with a "cheater" however such rule breaking is or is not "valid" in the mind of that driver.

Personally, I agree that minor issues like programming you'll never use on an autox course are "stupid rules", but I'm never going to put other competitors in a position where they think I am cheating, no matter how "invalid" such "cheating" might be in the outcome. Rules are rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
I doubt very seriously anyone is going to "put a foot up my ass" as I'm not an willing victim at 6'5"/280.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0