07-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #56
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I made my statements because I feel the M3's times, especially the 9.4, 0-100, are a bit exaggerated.
You should clarify "exaggerated". The choices are not that many. Let's cover all of them.

-This car was an intentionally under rated "press only" car
-All ZCP M3s are underrated
-Their instruments are bad or miscalibrated
-The outright lied

Or of course the most obvious one is:

-The M3 ZCP has numerous performance enhancements, each minor but when combined and combined with good conditions (road surface and weather) yielded some results just outside the best non ZCP times seen thus far.

So what does exaggerated mean exactly?

Quote:
Are you really that insecure about your BMW that you need to make this something about a Porsche. I realize the bang for the buck an M provides, however, am not going to make this a Porsche vs BMW M thread.
Sorry buddy this is not about me. It is you who spends way too much time in BMW forums talking about the superiority of Porsche. Regardless of the nice things you say about BMW the time spent doing the former is really quite odd. Pot, kettle, black. I'm totally secure about my own automotive decisions and understand where the cars sits in any sort of heirarchies, performance, prestige, etc., etc. And I still love 997s...

Quote:
Isn't there some data that you can over-analyze to support your bang for buck theory? I'm sure it's coming... Maybe then you can go into an overly long and exaggerated dissertation into how you arrived at your conclusion. Please, I haven't been bored in awhile.
Ugh, read the thread. In post #32 I provide the link to an extensive database of performance results. I think that alone goes a very long way toward showing the legitimacy of the numbers from C&D. Now granted those are just about the performance side. I think we've beat to death the question of "bang for the buck" with the M3. The obvious comparison is indeed vs the 997 S.

Of course we will all recall your strong defense of outlier type of numbers for the 997 S when the debate was M3 vs. 997 S performance. You can't have it both ways.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0