View Single Post
      01-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #74
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan37Tz View Post
I think you're a bit over exaggerating with the front end. In real life it's much more subtle than you describe, I personally think the regular IS250/350 has a pretty short nose that gives it a stubby look.

The ISF is over 3 inches longer, also wider, about 1 inch wider actually (Z K should go look up exterior dimensions before posting), with a powerdome hood, it's lower and the vents are all functional, I think it really evens out the look and make it look a ton better than the regular "frumpy" looking IS. Again this is all subjective though.
That extra inch of width you are talking about is from the front fenders and the sideskirt. Both of which stick out like some aftermarket pep boys special. The rear fenders and rest of the car is the same as the regular car. So the car has a wide front and narrow rear... I'm sure that's great for RWD.

I feel quite the opposite is true. I find the regular IS very refined and sporty without looking like it's trying too hard. The ISF is just trying too hard. I'm sorry but it's really over the top. The bulge and round front really ruins the sleek look of the car. The round bulging front bumper reminds me of this:

The IS with X package is done very nicely. It has a nice lip spoiler, 5 spoke wheels and comes 1/2 inch lower from the factory than non X package IS cars. It also has a more aggressive sport suspension and stiffer ride. It's angular with sharper edges and looks like a 4 door S2000.

Last edited by Z K; 01-29-2016 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0