View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 05:10 AM   #39
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

I'm very surprised with the early reactions to this beauty. It's really interesting to see people defending Tesla over this.

"Uhh why is it called a Turbo when it's an EV?"
It's heritage! All car makers had to bend their naming to keep up with the modern times. You guys are ok to call a 2.0L engine M140i but it's sacrilege to name an EV Turbo? Come on...

"It's too expensive"
No shit Sherlock . It's a Porsche. The build quality and the brand image on this totally justifies the difference in my opinion. I think it's a total waste to spend $100k on a Tesla with that shitty build quality. I'd always opt for a lower end Taycan over any Tesla.

"It's not as fast as a Tesla"
Tesla is faster on paper. In real world you need to willingly accept wrecking the batteries for a single ludicrous mode launch. With the Porsche you can pedal to the metal as much as you want and that's what matters the most.

The only thing Tesla has over this thing is auto pilot. That's where Tesla shines and other manufacturers stall.

Apart from that, I think they just nailed it with the Taycan. And I'm pretty sure this will have better sales figures than Tesla in 1-2 years.

People will realize they were bearing with a lot of shitty aspects of a Tesla just because it was first of its kind. Now Tesla has serious competition from a real car manufacturer and people will soon come to their senses.

If Tesla was the first smartphone, then this is the iPhone.
Appreciate 1
hybris204.50