View Single Post
      08-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #235
678hug
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 2.0i XLine

Don't know if anyone can help here.
Bought my F31 2 months ago (pre LCI 2015 model) and really wanted a retrofit HUD.

Bought one online and went to fit it myself but found 2 of the wires in the plug at the FEM weren't fitted as per the supplied installation guide. This pretty much ended my attempt at installation and it all went back for a refund.

At the time, the BMW site said HUD p/n 62302361627 (£350) was compatible. This was using my VIN to confirm.

6 weeks later, I go off to my local BMW dealer to get one fitted only to find that they say the only one that shows compatibility with my VIN is now p/n 62302457872 (£650)

Dealer couldn't help other to tell me that they fitted loads of the £350 ones and none of the newer £650 models suggesting the new one replaces the old one. It costs extra to fit as well suggesting more wiring.

Internet search tells me that the newer one fully integrates with my car satnav therefore doesn't require the Garmin App. My car has pro nav. Physically, both units look exactly the same.

At about £600 total difference, all I actually want is speed. Don't use my BMW satnav as I use my TomTom. I've asked if I can just have the older one fitted but they say that their computers only show the newer, more expensive model as compatible and not the other one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by 678hug; 08-26-2018 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0