View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #30
14_deltaM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36m3 euro —>e92m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBimmer View Post
Thanks. We have similar taste in cars and obviously not label conscious. Your post is really thoughtful. I think the people in this group really know cars which is why I asked for thoughts on the Camaro You might be the only commenter who has actually driven one. It's got shortcomings but it's amazing in a lot of ways. It's out of my price range but I'm curious If you shopped the ats-v. It seems to solve the visibility and backseat issues though I'm not sure the turbo six is an improvement on the V8.

My budget is around $25k. I prefer NA but if I could afford one I'd give the M2 and M2 comp a drive along with the F80 M3, and ATS-V. I had an N54 135i and I got bored of it. The M cars even with similar engines are in another league though.
Your welcome! While I love the luxury brands, it’s always been secondary to what matters most to me: how does the car drive and how does it make me feel.

I would have loved to try an ATS-V but they are rare around here, and even more so if you want a manual or a manual 4 door (which is what I wanted).

In a lot of ways, it could have been perfect as an alternative to a camaro (I like the looks better, is quite a bit smaller in footprint, and offers useable back seats in the 4 door). The problem I had with it in theory was I would have always wanted the v8 from the Camaro and not a turbo 6. Perhaps if I drove it, it wouldn’t matter.
Appreciate 1