View Single Post
      08-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
cotenseto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: B6 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Fusion View Post
The write up was awesome I will be using that for when I tear my car apart.
You're welcome. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to insult other members here who are almost certainly way more handy than I am. I just don't want the "average Joe" to think this is a 10 minute job they can do with 1 eye closed after downing a 6-pack. I know some of my time was wasted on figuring out the right tools and cleaning the filter as I mentioned.

I ordered my part from here:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-20...1-f10-f12.aspx

According to the link; Part #: 13537614317 (13-53-7-614-317)

And a little update on my car. I drove it on the highway to an appointment, in light traffic, and had the chance to really push it. I had several 8K shifts and achieved speeds which I will not admit to in writing for fear of LEO

My car is running perfectly. No codes. I feel confident at this point that the issue is completely fixed.

Best of luck to you and any future member who attempts this. It's great to fix something yourself and save yourself significant money. My dealer wanted $300 just for labor and diagnosis and more than $100 for the part (if it turned out to be that part, which they said it may not). I saved close to $350 and a lot of my time sitting around in their waiting room. Maybe more because one problem with having others do the work is they can say any part is bad and unless you really know your stuff you can't challenge them. Heck if they said your fuel pump is bad, you have 2 bad O2 sensors, etc.. what would I have had to do? Charge a $1000+ repair on my credit card I never needed.

Thanks to all members who have contributed to this great thread.

c