mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post

ZCP M3
This is by far my most favorite car I've owned thus far and my first RWD car. The car just gives me confidence and day by day I'm learning its very high limit. The new idrive is leaps and bounds better than the old one, and the new BMW assist features are ridiculous. The map is OK at best, and I much prefer the S4's new 3D map features...too cool. The engine note on the M3 is incredible and I can listen to it rev all day, if it didn't cost so much. According to my on board computer, I'm averaging around 12.9 mpg compared to the 21 I get in the S4. The exhaust note leaves something to be desired, and IMO the S4's exhaust is louder, but that doesn't mean better. Interior wise I wasn't too fond of the M3 at first, but I opted for the Black with Fox red inserts it has since grown on me. The quality IMO is much higher than that in the Audi's (there are a few spots Audi uses hard plastic, where BMW uses soft rubber). The trunk interior is dead ugly in this thing, and I don't understand why they couldn't wrap it in a more appealing carpet (Black). Handling in this thing is too good for a heavy sedan and that is what I enjoy the most in a car. Feedback was better in the STi though. Exterior wise I appreciate the differences between this and the normal 3 series. The DCT is great and it just feels RAW at times with it's monstrous hard shifts...which I love. The hood bump reminds me of my STi which is definitely good and also adds to the whole appeal of the car. It is completely perfect and I wouldn't change ANYTHING on it except for the minor bolt ons everyone seems to do (Xpipe, Pulley, Tune etc). I'm not touching the suspension. OVerall I'm very pleased with the decision I've made. Had the S4 been out when I had bought my S5 I would have chosen that instead. Considering how close the performance is between the M3 and S4 I don't know how justifiable the price difference is. I will leave you guys with this...the car has a soul unlike the Audi, and you feel it in your hands. From the steering wheel, to the sounds, to the precise shifts...the car talks to you. I'm absolutely happy with my decision and while I do have some regrets I would still choose this amazing car everyday...
WTF? Who looks at the trunk interior?
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0