03-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
E90's seem to be a bit cheaper than E92's. There are fewer E90's but less demand (also why they sold less in the first place).

If you stick toward the higher end of under 50k miles, it should be easy to find an '08 in your price range. I would suggest getting an '09 for the updated idrive if you want a car with nav. Otherwise just find the cleanest, nicest car you can.

The market knows the new M3/4 are coming, and had already adjusted long ago; there will be no significant fluctuation when the M4 is released. There is no ideal time to buy, except for the fact that these cars continue to depreciate and will be cheaper as time passes. From that perspective it is best to wait to buy, but your time to enjoy the car also diminishes, so you should buy one now if you want one.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment buddy! I saw an 09 E90 priced for $36,500 but without nav and EDC. It has DCT though with 56k miles on it. Do you think its worth it? It is pretty much basic car with DCT and premium pack but some dealers are putting mark up for M3 as they think E9x M3 as the last V8 M3.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0