View Single Post
      01-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Was it Richard Toumayan (middle aged Armenian (I think) guy)? He's been very helpful to me.
Yes. I had a couple of issues:

- He literally refused to tell me what firmware version my car has. I asked him several times and he kept "forgetting" to find out. My DCT transmission has the 2nd gear lag issue and the previous owner had taken it in for the DCT stalling issue. He knew nothing about these problems and also didn't seem to understand how BMW service campaigns/recalls work. He offered no help in resolving the issues. These are serious safety concerns and should not be taken lightly. They put a total of 3 miles on my car while they had it and said they couldn't replicate the problems.

- He called me at 5:00pm on the wednesday before thanksgiving to tell me my car was ready and I had to be there before 7:00pm when the service center closed or I would be charged an extra day or more for the loaner car. I told him I could return it first thing the next morning as I was in San Diego at the time and it would be very difficult to make it back in time during rush hour traffic. He said they would be closed and I wouldn't be able to return the car the next day.
Appreciate 0