View Single Post
      06-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #64
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyace View Post
I may swap mine out to the Royal Purple Synchromax. Is 2 qts enough or might it be slightly more? Reason I ask is I have 2 qts and will do it today. If I need a 3rd I'll wait until next weekend.
It should be less than 2 (1.86 qts is the official number, I believe), but you probably won't get rid of all the fluid. Just can't believe there're only 2 quarts of fluid in there, especially with a cooler. I also plan to change it early, maybe every 2 years (about 8K miles for me ) to always have fresh fluid in there.

Please keep us posted on your impressions before and after fluid change. Have been wanting to do this since new, but been afraid to due to warranty coverage concerns. I put RP Synchromax on my '06 GTO a while back, and made a big difference, especially when tranny was cold. The M3 has the same cold notchiness, and could benefit from better fluid, but we have to make sure fluid is compatible with stock specs. By the way, the GTO took 4.6 qts, not less than 2 (no cooler though). Take care.
Appreciate 0