View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
What can I say. I'm a VERY rare breed who wants to be able to put the top down AND drive hard because of the weather in Los Angeles. I think many people can't understand that because they don't equate convertibles with performance. But that's exactly why I'm trying to be sure that the E93 M3 is a good replacement for someone who drives an E46 M3 Convertible BECAUSE of its performance and NOT in-spite of it compared to the coupe.

And, of course, my concern is whether a 4,100 pound car can actually be good! I was pleasantly surprised that the 3,800 pound E46 M3 Convertible is good but I'm now concerned with the E93 Convertible's weight gain...

Interestingly, a serious contender for me is the '09 997 S Convertible w/PDK. It's not as convenient of a daily driver and I love M DNA but it's a hell of a lot lighter! Of course it's too early to tell how it drives, as it won't be out for a few more months...

It is very hard to get the flavor of a car driving it on the streets. I tracked my E46 M3 a couple of times and it was horrible.

Overran the tires and brakes, you could definitely feel the weight, the cowl shake

I am sure the E93 would be better on the track but at 4100 pounds, I don't imagine it would be fun.