View Single Post
      07-07-2022, 04:25 PM   #12
SCMTX
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C, exesE92 M3, F82, F30

Update on my original post....

Front bar on second from full stiff, rear bar in the middle. New RT 660 285/3018 square. A couple of track days on the car, but not back to MSR Houston. Words can't express how much of a pita the install was on the rear bar....car on jackstands in the garage.

I am about to replace my second, driver side, outer CV boot. I believe what has happened twice... SLP end link bolt to the spindle has backed out. I had to use a SLIGHTLY shorter bolt to fit between the spindle and axle...left with not enough threads in the spindle, yes I used blue Loctite. My fix, I slightly drilled out the bolt hole on the spindle. bolted through spindle first, then end link, then nylock nut (in between the spindle and axle). to hold it all together. This appears to be working. However, I hadn't really thought about the sway bar rubbing on the boot. I assume with the end link just flopping around that is what destroyed the boot.
The car "seems" pretty balanced to me, BUT going from my e46 M3 to the e92 M3 I would have thought the e92 would have been significantly quicker. More or less same setups on both cars, bolt-ons, Bilstein coilovers, sway bars. I think think the obvious difference is the 992 Brembos with PFC 08 pads on the e46. I've destroyed a set of EBC blue stuff (they are crap). Ordered a Stopteck BBK in March and still haven't received them. Driving around on Hawk HP Plus....annoying everyone within 300' of my car. I am assuming much better brakes would be at least a couple of seconds quicker around a 2:20ish track? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Appreciate 0