04-28-2022, 10:03 AM   #7
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMTX View Post
For those running coilovers (B16, or similar), EDC and the Hotchkis f&r bars, what do you have the bars set at?

I bought my car as is, and only the front bar is currently installed. I believe the front bar is set to medium/middle. Rear is not installed yet. I will do it..within the next month or so.

Took the car on track this past Saturday. 275 35/18 old re71 up front and 295 35/18 A052 (very worn) in back. -2.7 camber up front and -2 rear. The car was still loose to some degree. The front was planted in just about every corner. The rear just didn't have a lot of grip...high speed sweeper, and even low speed sweepers.

From a basic understanding I thought I should have been pushing everywhere? Assuming I put the rear bar on soft, or next lever stiffer and the front probably on one level stiffer, new rt660 285 30/18 square, I should be pretty neutral right? Any feedback on how much a difference there was with and without the rear bar?

Do you think the A052s being mostly worn down could explain the balance difference/lack of rear traction? Enough to where "normal" suspension settings didn't matter anymore?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your comments.

My best lap link...
On square 295 A052, 628f/1120r spring rates, i ran both front and rear bars on soft and the balance was great. -3.8-3.9 front camber and -2.1 rear camber.

Rear grip would go first on A052 as they are only good for one lap when pushing to the limit of the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklai View Post
Oem will work fine.

You'll have an impossible time installing the rear hotchkis end links unless you remove the axle. FYI
Will oem links let the bar clear the rear axle boots though? I had to really extend the adjustable hotchkis endlinks to keep the bar from ripping through the axle boots.

Last edited by Bartledoo; 04-28-2022 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0