View Single Post
      04-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
SCMTX
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C, exesE92 M3, F82, F30

For those running coilovers (B16, or similar), EDC and the Hotchkis f&r bars, what do you have the bars set at?

I bought my car as is, and only the front bar is currently installed. I believe the front bar is set to medium/middle. Rear is not installed yet. I will do it..within the next month or so.

Took the car on track this past Saturday. 275 35/18 old re71 up front and 295 35/18 A052 (very worn) in back. -2.7 camber up front and -2 rear. The car was still loose to some degree. The front was planted in just about every corner. The rear just didn't have a lot of grip...high speed sweeper, and even low speed sweepers.

From a basic understanding I thought I should have been pushing everywhere? Assuming I put the rear bar on soft, or next lever stiffer and the front probably on one level stiffer, new rt660 285 30/18 square, I should be pretty neutral right? Any feedback on how much a difference there was with and without the rear bar?

Do you think the A052s being mostly worn down could explain the balance difference/lack of rear traction? Enough to where "normal" suspension settings didn't matter anymore?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your comments.

My best lap link...
Appreciate 0