03-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #65
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I do about 3-4 track days a year. 2 at COTA, and then 2 days at BMWCCA Ofest. It holds up well for me, but I don't have a lot of reference as I've never driven a fully dialed in setup. I get nose dive at COTA, and then a light rear end under extreme braking at the end of the straights and a fair amount of roll in the Esses. The front anti roll bar idea and maybe camber plates were the easy things from this discussion I thought I could use. I had camber plates in my old M Coupe and they saved my tires by clattered which is why I've stayed away in this car since 95% of the time, it's on a normal street and didn't want to deal with the sound.
I had ground control plates on my 2013 ZCP M3 for a couple years and there was no clatter, so I'm getting them again. I just got Cup2's installed on the ZCPs and I don't want to chord the outside edge as these tires are big bucks. So camber plates and alignment are next for me. Obviously lots of well documented benefits to front plates in addition to helping tire wear at the track. The car becomes much more razor sharp, particularly with wider front tires.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0