View Single Post
      03-13-2018, 08:22 AM   #56
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Did the rod bearings, bolts etc already. While I was in there I ended up adding an underdrive pulley and intake. Found some leaky coolant hoses and ended up replacing all of them and swapped in a CSF radiator, new thermostat and water pump while I had the coolant system open. I also added the BW power steering reservoir as I know the sticker is known to leak.

I installed BW motor mounts during the bearing swap and don't love them. They have broken in, but still shake and rattle the car a lot more than the stock mounts and really killed the refined feel of the car. I've got a set of new OE mounts I might put in at some point. So that's one area I feel I went too far on the track spectrum.

For brakes I did Performance Fricrion ZF54 BBK with street pads and PF012 for the track. I stuck Ferodo DS2500s in the rear on the stock calipers, loved that setup on the Evo. Installed stainless lines and RBF fluid.

For suspension type stuff I've just installed solid rear sub frame bushings and front and rear swaybars. No plans for diff or any other bushings right now. I do want to ditch the rear toe adjustment via eccentrics and will likely but the SPL toe arms with lockouts. Haven't pulled the trigger on shocks yet but leaning towards MCS 2WR.

Wasn't planning on exhaust, but the deal on the BW race was really good at the holidays and I liked how simple, and lightweight it was. And thought I'd try, videos seemed to show it as actually not too bad. Well, it's pretty rad above 2k RPM. But between 1500-2000 RPM it resonates, and gets super loud. Which during my daily drive happens all the time and is a no-go. It's almost silent at freeway speed, but down low it is just booming. So still not sure anything other than stock is going to work. Still searching there.
!
Good move on the BW power steering reservoir. I have it on both cars and it solves the problem elegantly

For the engine mounts I would have the tuner move it to a 900-1000rpm idle. That's my plan after having the BW mounts for a year.
Stock ones are nice and soft, however, they last around 30k miles and I don't want to be replacing them nonstop!

The PFC Z54 BBK is excellent, I also have it on both cars. You'll probably want to switch to the PFC11 compound next time as it's practically silent on the street, allowing you to not swap pads. I literally drive all the time with the PFC11 compound.

For suspension, I have MCS 2WNR on one car and MCS 3WR on the other. I would definitely, definitely get the 3WR if I was doing it again. The difference is immediately noticeable.
Once you're past the price difference of the 2WNR to the R systems, the 3WR is not much more than the 2WR.

Resonance/drone around 2k rpm doesn't bother me much, even the stock one drones a little there. What kills me is 3k rpm drone which is right smack at highway speeds.
That said, I got the BW street exhaust, not the race one.
Appreciate 0