02-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #70
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
OK I haven't had time to post, but I spent 45 minutes driving the heck out of an M3 coupe demo, sticker was 86K Euros !

I then drove the same route in my 08 C-6 Corvette, Z-51 Etc.

and I tell you the M3 steering feel is amazing, It revs to redline much quicker than any V-8 car I have driven and is SO different from my wifes 335.

Chevy gets a bad wrap, the Corvette will compete with any car, it lacks the steering feel or the Red line of the european v-8s however no-one needs to doubt this car especially with an Msrp of $46K USD

I was blown away again with the M-3 handling, the balance and poise at speed and the way it feels so much better than the 335, almost industrial strength. The Transmission, rear diff, everything works togeather, Yes I ordered one, It will have the DCT

Chevrolet basically builds bulletproof engines and has since the 50s (30s) actually. The BMW is finished better, has a better ride but sure as heck doesnt have the supercar lines of the corvette.

They are both good, you can almost buy 2 vettes for the cost of a ultimately loaded M3 in the states.

And My M3, My C-6 and a 135 for my son is less than the Gt3 RS I have lusted over. I was an admitted Porsche snob, BMW changed my mind when I test drove the 335, The Corvette, I drove on a track and was ready to hate it, now I own one. It's Ironic almost

for the few who think the 335 will have the feel of a M-3, you will be disapointed, sorry but the M diff, balance and Power band will blow you away.

If I had to pick one car for track and DD use it would be the M-3 no contest

enough ramblings

It's great to hear such positive comments about the M.

I totally agree with you on the RS price thing. I fiqured for the price of a 997tt I could have a 335 as my dd and an M as my more fun car. So, as hard as it was I sold the tt while the market was hot and did just that. Now I can drive four times the miles per year (collectively). And, I had money left.
Appreciate 0