02-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #67
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Ya, and your technologically advanced S65 does not have the horsepower, torque, and worst of all, efficiency of new GT2, huge 8.4 Viper, or Z06. Now that is "technological advancement" at it's shining best. Please show me a more powerful and efficient production engine from the mighty M or any any auto manufacturer for that matter, that can match the lowly Chevy push rod LS9 in the ZR1. Please show me.

Read any reviews of the the M3's on-center steering feel? It can't even compete with a base 328.

By the way have you seen the interiors in the 2008 Vettes. Makes the M3's interior look like you are attending a funeral.
OK I haven't had time to post, but I spent 45 minutes driving the heck out of an M3 coupe demo, sticker was 86K Euros !

I then drove the same route in my 08 C-6 Corvette, Z-51 Etc.

and I tell you the M3 steering feel is amazing, It revs to redline much quicker than any V-8 car I have driven and is SO different from my wifes 335.

Chevy gets a bad wrap, the Corvette will compete with any car, it lacks the steering feel or the Red line of the european v-8s however no-one needs to doubt this car especially with an Msrp of $46K USD

I was blown away again with the M-3 handling, the balance and poise at speed and the way it feels so much better than the 335, almost industrial strength. The Transmission, rear diff, everything works togeather, Yes I ordered one, It will have the DCT

Chevrolet basically builds bulletproof engines and has since the 50s (30s) actually. The BMW is finished better, has a better ride but sure as heck doesnt have the supercar lines of the corvette.

They are both good, you can almost buy 2 vettes for the cost of a ultimately loaded M3 in the states.

And My M3, My C-6 and a 135 for my son is less than the Gt3 RS I have lusted over. I was an admitted Porsche snob, BMW changed my mind when I test drove the 335, The Corvette, I drove on a track and was ready to hate it, now I own one. It's Ironic almost

for the few who think the 335 will have the feel of a M-3, you will be disapointed, sorry but the M diff, balance and Power band will blow you away.

If I had to pick one car for track and DD use it would be the M-3 no contest

enough ramblings