Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
What particularly are they saying is the issue?

If the issue is seat back strength...then how do the OEM restraints pass NHTSA test...or whoever does the tests? AFAIK, that's the only component that is unique to the car fitment. Other than that, every Schroth quick fit uses the OEM tensioners and seat belt mounting points. I think if you run BMWCCA events you might not pass tech. OK, just use the 3pts for that day. Otherwise, I think the 4pts are fine.
That is apparently the issue. See the quote below from Schroth's website. The OEM restraints pass because the shoulder belts don't run down into the rear of the car.

Shoulder Belt Routing (applies to all restraint types)

· Shoulder belts must run from the shoulders horizontally or down, at no more than a 20° angle.

· In cases where the shoulder belts must be routed down to the chassis floor, support by a roll cage bar or harness guide at the appropriate height is essential to establish the horizontal shoulder strap routing off the shoulder/HANSŪ. Most racing seats are not designed and tested to carry shoulder belt crash loads from downward installation. Severe injury or death could result. A 45° downward shoulder belt installation is possible with seats that SCHROTH has positively tested to take a load measured during a 50 kph [31 mph] and 28 G impact with a 75 kg (175 lb) dummy. Refer to the list of SCHROTH approved racing seats in section “About Seats”. WARNING: 45° downward shoulder belt installation is not recommended with HANSŪ.

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Appreciate 0