hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTheRedM3 View Post
Yes you may be right. My warranty is through my insurance, USAA. And yes, I will take every preventative measure to get my bearings done before any serious damage occurs.
Check out PelicanParts as they have a ton of DIYs, and can buy much cheaper parts. $800 rod bearing kit and a few tools to check - https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333638. And you can turn that $100+ oil change to $60-$80 if you plan ahead and do it yourself.

I get the appeal of the warranty, but WHEN the warranty is up, and all you got was some silly window regulator replaced for “free” ($100 job), ---- that could’ve been money for actually replacing your rod bearings, brake parts, and an oil change. Do as much as you can by yourself so when something does happen, it doesn’t seem as bad.

Do you know 100% that it states anything about covering rod bearings?? If it’s not in writing, it will be a hell of a time getting it covered. And is the repair done? Only select 3rd party shops? Are you reimbursed or does USAA pay whatever the shop says?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50