View Single Post
      10-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #39
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
Some cops have God complex.... Laws that are broken by 80-90 % of people are unjust laws and you should not be enforcing such laws. Speeding laws are laws that are broken by 100% of people. The speed limits in North America are artificially low - so that you can get paid. Go catch real criminals.
Good point. I'm the first to agree that speed limits are based on 1970's car technology, and that modern cars are far more capable than speed limits. The problem is that speed limits are based on the lowest common denominator. People. There are people who are just as stupid now as there was 100 years ago, and no amount of tech can fix that.

I'm not saying that there aren't bad cops out there, or ones who are trying to compensate for small penises or growing up the kid everyone hated. I just take exception to all the posts here where the OP admits to breaking the law and then is upset that they get caught. Don't like the law? Do something about it. There is a poster here that actively worked to get the Illinois tint law changed, and it worked. He took the proper steps and made a difference. Until then, I will continue to enforce the laws that are out there until some enterprising soul changes them. Do you deliberately disobey your boss or the rules of your profession? I doubt it. Just like you and the OP, I go to work to get paid. That's how I afford my new M3 Everyone has the misconception that:

a) Police departments make a lot of revenue from traffic tickets. It's not true. The average revenue from each ticket after the state takes the money to provide free public school for your kids is about four bucks. Hardly a huge incentive, but I admit I don't know about other states. Our fines are only $75

b) Cops have some sort of incentive for writing more tickets. If that were the case, I'd have the toaster.

When the comment "Go catch real criminals" gets played, I have to laugh. You have no idea what I have done in my career.

As for the God complex comment, I apologize for that. It was my ire showing through, and I mean no personal disrespect for the OP or those in his field. I am just sick of it. Flame if you have to, I can take it

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0