Rep
Drives: E9x m3 sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePe92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92friendly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePe92 View Post
I'm in the auto industry so I can get insider rates. The issue I'm running into is that a lot of the shops that I use haven't done anything like this (and generally don't work on CF). Is this process something that any competent body shop should be able to do if I show them this link?
Depends what do you want, peel and reclear or replace the whole carbon roof? I wouldn't trust a regular body shop to do so unless there's someone that knows carbon fiber but to replace is easy. I could do that myself all day long. Peeling the roof and to sand a bit is very tricky and takes tons of patience. I wouldn't trust anyone unless it was a specialized shop that works with carbon fiber parts or you personally know someone who knows themselves what to do.
Well, I bit the bullet and had the entire CF roof panel replaced. It's still in the shop but I expect to have it back next week. Pretty big job. Fingers crossed for no rattles.
I am clueless as to why they removed the quarter glass and detriment other exterior pieces. The only things that should have been removed were the front and back glass and of course some interior pieces like head liner and corner pieces interior only. Did you have paint work done to your car? If not you've been screwed over unneeded labor. How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking? I am quite curious on labor costs.
Appreciate 0