View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #709
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextersl View Post
Just heard back from Michael last night to make arrangements for my return/exchange. So he is still around I'm assuming he's just busy because it did take a little while for him to finally respond to me as well.
with my unit, i have that electronic failure like one of the thread. I have asked him last week to see if i can return it and keeping the two camera. He didn't replied back till yesterday and by then it's to late to dispute on aliexpress.

i personally think that i got a bad unit but he keep assuring me that the unit is good.

Now my problem started when i install the unit. I use the youtube video but the CIC unit is actually for the 5 series. Since i was in hurry to put the unit back and get it going, i had to slice the plastic connector for the LVDS to fit on the back my screen. Later found out that i am suppose to connect the lvds from the CIC unit and not the screen. Now i was able to connect the lvds to the cic, and it work. So without starting the car and drove around, everything work perfectly. then i start driving and i do drive hard something especially making turn, then i get the electronic failure. I email michael and he said maybe the idrive cable is bad and that he will send it. That was two weeks. Couple email telling him i want to return the unit instead..no replied.

At this point, i asked him to send me the lvds, 4 pin idrive and the main connector so i can just get rid of the unit. i am going to go back to stock, just don't want to deal with. he asked for postage cost, i told him fine, i will pay for it.

I mean the unit works good when i don't have issue. i like how the carplay work but can't deal with error lights up on my dashboard saying get electronic failure and bring to bmw dealer.

My experience with aliexpress have been good but not this one. If anyone buy this unit, i would strongly go on ebay. The price is the same. I just checked on ebay last week and saw 319 which is the same price on aliexpress that michael sold me for. I would go with ebay and pay thru paypal so that way you get their attention quick if thing go wrong. During my issue, i have pocket time where Michael were out for couple of days. He said he had to go hospitals which i was being able to understand. Then after he said is came back hospitals, email went silence until now.

Anyhoot, long story short, my experience with the unit is a dud..i have repeat the installation procedure 5 times to make sure the wiring is correct but still have issue. Either my unit is screw up, the idrive cable is bad, or the main harness is bad, i don't know. But those that got working, i do envy you all. I love it when it work.

Went back to ebay kremersino, now the listing no longer there.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Ksino?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Last edited by g35mt; 11-20-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0