03-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #3
NDB24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
These 2 are rather large value-killers. Figure it costs about $3k for RB's at a reputable shop. To properly clean and reseal the CF roof, well I have seen that vary but max to replace the roof would be about $6k with a new one installed. Obviously it will be less if you can find someone who knows how to reseal it properly.

Also, no mention of DTC/Manual?? That makes a big difference as well.

Given what you have mentioned and the miles, I would say, as is, $32-33K as an upper limit. Maybe a bit more if Manual. FR interior is the biggest selling point on this car so that will be pulling it up a little.
Really appreciate this response. I've updated the original post to mention it's in fact, DCT.

I do know a few shops that run rod bearing specials but financially not looking to go that route right now. I know most people target this first when they purchase an E9x M.

Carbon roof is not the worst eyesore but definitely noticeable. I'm aware that its common for the roof to chip/peel away due to the sun over time. 6k seems way too much but I'm not doubting you. I'm sure someone would rather just sand and re-coat.
Appreciate 0