04-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #15
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Bad reliability on the V? That's surprising to me. I'm assuming that's with its electronic bits?

I don't know much about the newer CTS-V's, but I've had a few LSx cars and they just don't give up.
I have too....and am a big fan of the lsx. My nephew just bought a 2014 Camaro SS and we changed plugs, added an afternarket air box and gutted his cats this past week. What a joy that car is to work on compared to the tight cramped spaces of the M and amg. However when I was shopping cars we did a lot of research and Cadillac was ranked far behind the Germans in the quality/reliability catagories. In fact they were ranked dead last in the article I read. I didn't see anything terrible about the V specifically but after having 5 corvettes, a gto, and my daughter's 2014 RS Camaro I can say that Chevy makes a good engine but puts a relatively shit car around it. Also, the cts-v's interior was pretty antiquated and boring. Gaps were big and fit and finish not so hot. That engine and the potential of it almost won me over but I was worried we might be buying a headache.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0