View Single Post
      11-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #102
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Fun day Friday. Ran a 1:50. After looking at the data, I had a couple 1:49 laps going but ran into traffic at the end in the Esses.....it was a little tough getting clean laps at times. That's ok. The crowd is usually quite nice at Speed District events. I had fun hanging out with everyone.

The cool 45 degree morning proved to be actually too cool for super high traction first thing in the AM. The grip showed up later.

I am VERY VERY impressed with the BFGoodrich R1S tires. I ran the 1:50 on their 14th heat cycle. I was lazy about rotating them on Friday----I didn't do it. As a result, the front driver tire corded on the outer edge at 16 heat cycles. The other tires are totally fine. I'm sure if I had rotated them on Friday, I would have gotten 20 heat cycles no problem. Even at 16 heat cycles, they were still gripping fine. I will be running these tires again without a doubt. I'm even keeping the other three as scrub backups.
Nice driving yesterday! Car looked nice and composed.

There was quite a bit of traffic and couldn't get a clean lap in. One of the sessions, I hit the grid early to be first on the track. By the time I finished my warm up lap, they were still letting people onto the track and I got stuck. Ah well.

Friend/co-worker rolled his car. Bummer

M3Cx, E92 M3 6MT
Previous cars: '21 Supra, '17 GT-R, '15 GT3, '13 GT-R '09 GT-R, '06 Z06, '06 Evo MR, '05 M3, '03 Evo, '00 Miata.
Appreciate 0