View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #76
PaneristiDriver
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
That's true but $115K for base 911 is a bit over the top.
Plus, as Chevy has shown, HP is only one of many factors that make a car fast. When they upgraded a Z06 to almost the same spec(except the big HP motor) as ZR1 it nearly ran the 'ring in the same time. I'd bet a base C6 with all those suspension, tire, and brake tweeks would crush a 991S.
That said, I am very excite about the 991 platform and if the price isn't too outrageous I foresee a GT3 as my next sports car.
Base C6 would still get crushed. Its going to take a lot more than that considering the lap times in the link below where the 991S is neck and neck with and faster on some (slower on others) than a c6 z06 which is not only lighter but has 105 hp more.
Personally, I would like to see Porsche cut production and raise pricing, bring back the days of the 993 where production was much less, especially when you are talking about the "entry" level 911s competing at supercar levels in terms of performance. That said, the turbo and GTx's cars will continue with their ever standing history of epic performance and I an very excited to see where they set the new bar.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/compariso...carrera_s.html
Appreciate 0