01-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #8153
Samo6556
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
track brethren, i'm in dilemma.

i'm in the group buy for the karbonius carbon intake and i've been very excited about that.
however, it was recently announced that a local time trial coordinator for local track days is offering 25% off moton/ast suspension for participants. i don't think pricing is going to get any better than that. heres the thing- i probably can't do both, but price is still a concern with coilovers alone.
what i would want to do would be too much money for me at the moment (three way, true rear coil, reinforced rear mounts). so should i compromise and go with a two way divorced setup and forego the karbonius intake? i'm torn. both options are going to enhance things i love about the car. the coilovers are going to be the obvious greater effect, but its going to bother me that i compromised...
on the other hand, i'm not going to be competitive with an intake that adds 10hp, no matter how good it sounds.
Suspension for sure. I have true coilover and no reinforcement. Also ran true coilover on my e46 with no reinforcement for 20k miles and no issues. But I see no reason divorced would be any dis advantage.

The lower portion of the rear true coiler set up has a different size spacer where it offsets the shock in the control arm. They did this to avoid the spring rubbing on the axle boot.
Appreciate 0