View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
slcook54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 MR M3 / 2018 SMB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I ran AA's stage II turbo and their race exhaust, it made 417 whp if I recall correctly. The AA SC I had prior to made 395 whp. One thing I learned is that turbo is more fun, SC is more reliable. Hopefully the Harrop (positive displacement SC) will give me a good balance between the two, plus that 03 Cobra whine.

Man some BFCers think alike. I almost bought a 997 GT3 but after rationalizing through it bought a couple of rental properties instead and a 4K mile E92 M3. My P-car dream is sidelined for 5 years. Experimentation and FI is really what made the E36 fun. I haven't really had that passion with my E9x cars. Until my brother got a 700whp CTS-V last week as a backup to his C6 Z06. One pull to 170mph in that car and I placed the order for my Harrop the same evening. I am itching to modify so bad, and I work in Europe most of the year. Hopefully you find that with the track hobby.
I hear you, I have 3 rental properties in Indianapolis, the cash ROI might be high, but the life ROI on boost is in another league entirely, am I right? Remind me to avoid riding in any 700rwhp cars for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
welcome to another local!

I think OEM+ is the way to go! Hope to see you around the area. Don't forget there is Ptech, VTMotorworks (Master techs used to be at Ptech), SVBimmers, Edge Motorworks,
Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Congrats, nice pickup, love the E36 as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewie View Post
Another MR in the Bay Area! Been seeing a lot lately.
Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0