View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
It was nice to meet you too BartMW. What a beautiful weekend we had. The weather was great. Your Jerez Black car looked awesome in the sunlight.

It was also a pleasure to meet your wife and take her out for a few laps. You are a lucky man .

Not a weekend to do fast laps though, as there was a lot of traffic in my run group (only quick filmed lap was a 1:56.66). I had a lot of fun running with other cars though. To be honest, I find it more fun to run in a pack with others of similar speed instead of being all by yourself doing a fast lap .

There is always an opportunity to learn. We had the privilege of having Claude Bourbonnais at the track for private coaching sessions. While I did not get him to ride with me, I did get others to share tips he gave them. One good one that was common to most, is to accelerate less between turns 10 and 11 to avoid having to brake going into 11. This keeps the chassis more stable and allows you to carry more speed through 11 and up the hill to 12. I tried it out on Sunday. Not sure if I'm faster yet, but the car definitely feels more planted. Will try it with more speed next time .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 06-14-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0