07-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #48
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Please. EVs are taxing the grid as compared to a vehicle with an ICE that puts zero load. There is no escaping this reality.

Plus there isn't any law or requirement that people charge during the evening hours. I'm sure there is plenty of EVs charging during peak load times.
Yep, and since 63% of that grid is generated by fossil fuels, guess what ... EVs generate GHGs. And since coal is half of that, it generates the worst type of pollution possible.

As for peak vs non-peak, I see plenty of EVs plugged in for charging in the parkade at my office. That's pretty much peak time. Fortunately, our electricity is hydro and doesn't generate GHGs (but is environmentally damaging in other ways).

There are plenty of reasons to buy EVs and even Tesla's, but anyone who thinks they're saving the world is either deluded, uninformed, or drinking too much of Elon Musk's Kool-Aid.

Plus, I saw a Model 3 in the wild today. Wow, is it ugly. The Model S is an attractive car, but the X and 3 are just complete misses from a style perspective.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00