View Single Post
      05-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #19
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
that is interesting, i'd argue the opposite. e9x lives in the upper rpm's at the track and doesn't feel like a fast car without the low end torque. the f80 has a broader torque range.
obviously, you're observation holds more weight because you actually own both.

on a side note, when i did one of those M track days at thermal club, the m2 was my favorite car there.
The F8X has lots of torque... once it's boosting. Until it does you have nothing.

In the racetrack you're over 5k more of the time where lag is minimized.

It's in the real world where the F8X annoys me, because I'm in 6th or 7th and go WOT to pass some moron in the 3rd lane and nothing happens in the F8X. I have to shift to 5th.
In the E9X I don't downshift to pass. By the time the F8X is hauling ass the E9X has finished the pass.

At the race track you can take advantage of the massive power difference. Somewhere I have two overlaid graphs of the E90 doing 2:06 at WGI with 275/35 square R1 tires on 10.5" wheels, MCS 3 way suspension and PFC BBK vs the F80 CS doing the same time with camber plates, 255/275 RE71 tires on stock wheels, stock suspension and front-only PFC BBK. The CS is so, so much faster in straights it is difficult to understand.
On the street I find the CS useless and annoying. People think the F8X has a broader usable range, I argue the opposite.
And the rear dust boots of the CS were carbonized after a single weekend. So much for the BS better brakes story every tom dick and harry mentions about the F8X generation.

Two weekends ago my brother and I took the E92 and the CS to the mountains. This past weekend it was us and a bunch of 991 GT3s... we both went in a single car, the E92. With stock suspension, stock brakes.

Speaking of the M2, I've tracked a student's and it works well. Two weekends ago besides the E92 and CS a friend came with a M2c, 6MT. Both my brother and I thought it had less lag than the CS. It's incredible value for sure, I'd love to have one and crush 991 GT3 RSs with a 57k car just for the hell of it. Back on topic, the 6MT does a good job of bringing some engagement back but if I had the CS, the E92 and the M2c and had to choose a car for carving up some canyons I would still pick the E92!

The best of all the worlds is the E90 stroker! Of course!!

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 05-26-2020 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
roastbeef11586.00