04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #57
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopa201 View Post
Here is another update
Just got off the phone with BMW and its going to be another month till I get my car back because they need the paint to dry before they can put on the clear bra

On top of that thy are telling me that the passengers axle is bent and now the car won't balance and they have to check if the insurance is going to pay for that since the impact was on the driver side... My ass the car drove straight it better drive straight when I get it back.
Anyways will post pics when I get it back now all I an do is drive the rental impala that they gave me.

Wait, so they painted it, now they need a month for the paint to dry?
I've painted hundreds of cars and while it the paint may not be completely CURED for weeks, you can certainly get your car back. I've never heard of such a thing. I paint one day, finish sand the next, and the customer has the car back the next day.
And they are definitely giving you the run around with the axle, obviously you got smacked on the driver side so the frame and or axle would've been pushed over to the passenger side (depending on speed of impact)

sheesh.

Anyway, best of luck OP, if you have any questions shoot me a pm. I'd be glad to try and answer any questions you may have regarding repairs.
Appreciate 0