10-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #20
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Are you running spherical rear arms or still stock?

I believe with stock arms and bushings the rear toes-in quite a bit under compression. This is eliminated, or largely mitigated, with spherical rear arms and bushings.

I have no idea what these degrees translates to in terms of mm or inches of toe-in (as that's what I've always used). But I run ~4mm (just over an 1/8") toe-in per side (going to less next season, but not due to tire wear) and have very uniform tire wear with ~-2.5* of camber.
I'm running stock. Most of the rear suspension arms are spherically mounted no? Are real trailing arms not? Honestly only looked at the stuff around the spindle.

Also, the toe actually changes in the outward direction under squat. Somebody kept posting the opposite many times in various threads, and Malek finally confirmed that it was not true. His post is below.

"The suspension is designed to reduce toe in during squat and will increase toe in when weight is transferred off the back end.

Meaning if you have 3/32nd inch static toe in, during squat the toe will decrease to lets say arbitrarily 1/32nd-1/16th. It will NOT increase toe while squatting.

Malek"

I've also seen it first hand when I lowered the rear and then got a fresh alignment. The toe was actually out slightly in the rear, after lowering the rear. One one side it was lowered enough to gain -.3 degrees of camber and the toe changed outward over a mm on that side.

As for the conversion, I'm running 2.4-2.5mm total toe-in in the rear currently which is ~.21-.22 degrees with my tire size.

Last edited by Bartledoo; 10-16-2020 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0