View Single Post
      10-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #1272
peteleun
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_tricky View Post
Ive also been trying to get this to work, looked at it with Pro tool and when you go to code it out, it wants to codd out 3 modules. I backed off at that point.

Im also having microphone issues, the call quality on carplay or the mic in general is shocking.

as much as i like having car play the limitations on the unit annoy me. im thinking of selling mine. (its a CCC p2000 dsp variant)

I use the oem bluetooth for calls as the carplay one is so bad, but when you are on that you have no access to thh carplay unit as the OEM call takes over the screen. so if your using satnav at that point and a call comes in you cant see your directions any more until the call ends.

also asking siri to make a call always uses the carplay mic. but incomming calls, you can change to the oem system as default.

The voice button also is annoying.

Sound quality on carplay is good. but its no better than the Denison 500sbt unit i had in before. i left that in on purpose (disconnected) just incase the p2000 doesent work out.
Thanks for the response.. I just got it installed and your comments are spot on.. and thanks for the feedback on the coding part.. its a shame the steering wheel button wouldn't work properly on ccc unit, you would think they at least would have done some testing or research that the BMW VA cant be coded out on ccc units.

Last edited by peteleun; 10-08-2022 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: adding more comments
Appreciate 0