Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheadlock View Post
Did you ever get yours working?

you have the exact same problem I had in my F10. I also got sent a second unit and it didn't fix it. In the end I was told to send it back for a refund but i had some things come up and never got around to it lol.

today i thought i'd have another go, and what i did was modify the idrive extension harness to add a bridge between the male and female parts of it for the can signals (this way it wouldn't have to go through the p2000 and back down if you know what i mean). This resolved my issue where the idrive controller wouldn't work in the CIC interface, so I was finally able to select cd1 and get into the mr12volt screen. However once in there the idrive controller does nothing. it wont scroll or move - pressing it does nothing at all.

I've tried every dip switch combination i could think of (interestingly, if you set dip #2 to ON - which is what it says f01 / f10 - the mr12volt unit stops working entirely). I've checked continuity, everything looks good outside of the unit.

I'm fairly confident that it's the unit not understanding the CAN signals coming from the controller. It's interesting you are getting it in a 335 also. I'm hoping you've come up with some kind of fix, because i would really like to get this working.
I am curious if your CIC is retrofitted. I had similar can bus issues for my retrofitted E90. Originally the controller can bus wiring ran to the back of the CIC which was too long. I moved them to the can bus wire in the console by the parking brake, a 6 inch run, and that fixed the odd behavior.
Appreciate 0