Seth_Horwitz
Tired of feather footed //M drivers
Rep
Drives: 330ci, 911 Turbo X50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob@BPS View Post
I forgot mention...

FLAME SUIT IS ON!!!

I won't flame you, but I don't necesarily agree. My family is in a manufacturing business, and their designs are copied by Chinese manufacturers within months. For that reason, I can see that side. But, they have had to differentiate themselves through better quality products, and better service. Prices have certainly been hurt, but it is what it is. Their products are now priced at a point where a consumer feels that it's worth paying the extra money for them. Back on point, an "aerodynamic" (I use quotes because these parts are just for show) piece, can be knocked off quite easily, so the manufacturer needs to add value somewhere else. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Vorsteiner has increased prices on certain E92 pieces just because the M3 came out. By all forms of logic, an increased customer base should lead to decreased costs. The addition of this "M premium" has pissed off a lot of people. They clearly make a nice product, with very good fitment. They need to do more to justify the increased price of their goods, though. Is this fair? No. The world's not fair, though, so you need to do what you have to do to keep a company viable. Further, I'm not sure that I'd compare Greddy to Vorsteiner. Greddy spent a tremendous amount of time on R&D for electronic performance systems for cars, which were reverse engineered and manufactured on the cheap. Vorsteiner makes "pretty parts" that require a good designer, and a bit of manufacturing quality control. That's just my opinion. That, and $2 will get you a bus ride.
Appreciate 0