10-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #169
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
if history repeats itself against as how lexus/toyota gained market share in the auto market, it can get quite interesting in the sport car scene as lexus is no joke if they really serious about it.
I agree!
the LFA was a money loser from the start and Toyota knew that. Although they had each of the 500 units spoken for before it's actual release date, they lost money on every unit....they built it from scratch....no cross platform sharing.....and ten yrs to make!
This car was a test bed and now they are going to use this experience, ideas and technologies to build high performance sports cars.
Now that this car has been released, received world wide praise from the automotive industry, journalists and the public, no one will be shocked when Lexus builds and releases a high performance sports car.
Lets face it....when we all heard that Lexus was going to put up a sports car with a base price of $375,000...how many times did we hear "what were they thinking, who the hell will spend that kind of money on a Lexus??!!!"..."For that money, I would rather buy....."
Toyota is a very smart company.....and I personally think we are going to see some outstanding sports cars coming from them in the very near future.
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0