Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Personally, I like him. I also don't consider him a car reviewer per say. I actually prefer his episodes where he "reviews" old and weird cars more so than newer stuff. When I'm on the computer and stop working to have some lunch or whatever nothing beats a Doug video where he goes over some old ass 1990s minivan. I watch it for entertainment not so much for info on a car I actually want to buy.

If I'm looking to actually buy a car I will look at reviews from more serious people who spend way more time driving the cars. Also other channels that go into all the details of the cars in much more depth than he does.

I would equate watching him to watching most of Top Gear. They spend like 80% of the show fucking around doing silly shit at maybe 20% doing real car reviews. He's the 80%.
100% this. Doug's "reviews" are generally entertaining, and I feel his content is relatable and sets him apart from the rest of the folks on YouTube rattling off specs or drag racing. There's a sort of low-key honesty and sensibility about the way he goes about his videos too that I personally like.
heavyD^23688.50