View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #293
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I'm mostly in this for the comedy

Also, I got the math wrong, it was $34.23 (free shipping! but I had to order some other junk to get it, sooooo bummer). Huge improvement in $/lb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
No issues. I have the VPH1200 and it lasts for at least 2 to 3 weeks. The smaller VPH900 started only lasting 2 weeks so I upgraded to the larger version as I don't drive the car much. I put mine on a charger every once and a while if I'm not using the car. However I don't leave it on a trickle charger indefinitely as I have seen that cause some issues on certain cars. The battery automatically turns off if the voltage gets too low. It keeps enough on reserve to start the car. However, on a car like the e92 you need to keep in mind that the trunk won't open without power. I have wired a remote switch into the cabin in order to work around this. Use the key to get in the driver's door, turn on the battery, start the car and you are good.
Same, I've had the VPH900 for more than 2 years in my almost-daily driven 08 (which sits on a trickle charger if there's salt on the road but otherwise is driven in all weather)and it's never failed to start the car or even seemed weak, except when it gets cold, then it takes a few extra cranks, but that was true with the stock batter.y Most it has ever sat without the charger or being was 10-12 days, maybe a couple weeks, and it didn't care. But my car is also climate controlled (50-85 degrees) garaged at home, and if it's below 20 degrees here there's probably salt on the roads, so, grain of...you know

my car is also low on potential parasites...no nav, no EDC, no comfort access

Last edited by Richbot; 08-13-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0