United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I'm just thinking out loud here, but Cleveland is 51-29 at home in the regular season (4-1 in the playoffs), while they're 45-37 on the road (2-3 in the playoffs). Meanwhile, the Sox are 51-30 at home (4-1 in the playoffs), and 45-36 on the road (2-2 in the playoffs). Combined regular season and postseason, Cleveland is .647 at home and .540 on the road. Boston is .640 at home and .553 on the road. The numbers don't lie...

You say that all fields follow a standard. So you're saying that the left side of the infield at Fenway is the same as the left side of the infield at Jacobs Field? Or that the triangle at Fenway is just as easy for Coco Crisp to play as it is for Grady Sizemore, even though Coco has played far more games there?

I just don't really get you. You say you know a lot about baseball, but even Tim McCarver wouldn't say the things you're spouting.
The field is not the only single factor for a team losing an away game. Theres travel, hotel's, etc. Either way as for the field sure there are obvious differences but this is also why these guys show up hours before a game. To walk the field, to do wall drills, hit, catch fly balls, ground balls. This is their job.

All I'm saying is there are many many more factors then just the field their playing at.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0